Monday, April 9, 2012

Going to a dinner party? Hosting one? Cheese plates "To Go"

Never show up to a party empty-handed, the adage goes.  And never let your guests go hungry, another adage goes.  Whether you are attending a dinner party or hosting one, ensuring there are enough noshables to go around is a wonderful ingredient to good conversation!  These are my picks for the extremely lazy or over-scheduled party-goer in the Brandywine Valley who needs an appetizer ASAP, and has ZERO, I mean ZERO, time to put something together!   When time is not on my side, I know I can rely on:

  • Loading up on Starbucks apple-cheese plates
  • Buying a Wegman's cheese plate (or two!)
  • As far as Sam's Club and Costco are concerned, I do not recommend them for small dinner parties for the following reason:  The wait time in line varies considerably and the serving sizes are very large.  In a true party emergency, I need wait times I can count on in order to schedule everything else I am doing! 
With a little thinking on your feet, you can host or attend any dinner party with a cheese platter in hand!

(Thinking out loud.... It would make things a lot easier if the PA Wine & Spirits stores would partner with a vendor to offer cheese plates for purchase inside!  *SIGH*  Things are never as simple as they would seem!)

Until next time,
GARDENTINA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts