On my Facebook page, I told you about the sweet ravioli side dish I was serving at a party. Well, now I can tell you how it all turned out. The sweet lemon-butter sauce? DELICIOUS. The sweet ricotta ravioli filling? GOOD TEXTURE. The noodle texture? NEEDS SOME WORK. I served the ravioli cooled with a warm sauce. Perhaps the entire dish should have been warmed. (Thoughts?)
All in all? I WILL KEEP TRYING AT THIS ONE! I really enjoyed serving it because the dish was unique and elegant. I intended to garnish the sweet ravioli with MINT, but I forgot to pick up the mint at the grocery store and did not have time to run back and get some. I substituted with LEMON PEEL. Therefore, I will make this dish again, if only for the opportunity to GARNISH properly! I feel that BASIL would also make a lovely garnish for sweet ravioli.
When serving the dish, I placed a placard next to the bowl to indicate what was being served... I think this helped greatly to fend off questions about what was this mystery food! I got compliments on the sauce and originality. As I stated previously, if the dish had been fully warmed then it would have made a great difference in the noodle texture. Until next time,
GARDENTINA
Related links: A post on mint from AeroGardenBlog (their photo)
No comments:
Post a Comment